Monday, December 20, 2010
Here are the poor little snowman cookies my mom and I made Sunday!
What we used....
FOR THE BODY
Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
White Cookie Frosting (I think it is Betty Crocker and found near the candles)
Small Tube of Brown Gel Frosting
Small Sharp Knife
FOR THE HEAD
Small Tube of Black Frosting
Fondant (We found some that was pre-colored orange at Michaels)
White Chocolate (to melt)
Light Corn Syrup
NOW THE FUN BEGINS
1. Roll out your dough and cut out a blob shape with a sharp knife. If the edges are rough from cutting, pat with your fingers to smooth. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet and follow the temp and time written on the dough package.
2. While they are baking, melt the white chocolate and dip the malt balls in the chocolate to make the head. Place the covered malt balls on a cooling rack or cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Once the cookies are cool you can ice them. Once the icing has harden you can take the heads and glue them to the body by carefully dabbing the bottom into the corn syrup.
4. To make the noses just pinch off a little of the fondant and roll it into a carrot with your fingers. Glue to the head with the corn syrup
5. Now you can finish decorating by gluing on your buttons and drawing the face and arms!!
Posted by emily at 7:05 AM